Watcombe Bottom Sports Centre Tobacco Alcohol and Drug Policy
Ventnor RFC, as part of the Watcombe Bottom Sports Centre, have a tobacco, alcohol and drugs policy.
‘Watcombe Bottom Sports Centre (WBSC) includes Ventnor Rugby Football Club, Ventnor Football Club and Rew Valley Youth Football Club. WBSC is committed as part of their overall philosophy to ‘discourage the use of drugs and tobacco and the misuse of alcohol on the basis that such activity is incompatible with a healthy approach to sporting activity’.’
This policy applies to all who use any of the club/Watcombe Botton Sports Centre facilities.
1 Definition of Drugs For the purpose of this policy the term “drug” shall include all mood-altering substances, both legal and illegal and involve substances such as:
- Alcohol and Tobacco. “Over-the-counter” medicines that may be misused such as those containing codeine (e.g. Solpadeine), cough medicines, antihistamines, laxatives, and paracetamol.
- Volatile substances such as aerosols, glues, petrol, cigarette lighter fuels etc.
- Products and substances sold online and in “headshops” that cause intoxication.
- Controlled drugs such as cannabis, ecstasy, amphetamines, magic mushrooms, cocaine, etc.
- Performance-enhancing sports related drugs as outlined by the World Anti-Doping Agency.
The aim of this policy is to ensure that all club members are kept safe from drug-related harm when involved in club activities.
Read the Watcombe Bottom Sports Centre Tobacco Alcohol and Drug Policy here
This policy came into effect on 29th November 2021 and shall be reviewed annually thereafter by the WBSC Clubs’ Safety Officers in conjunction with the Clubs’ Chairpersons and Executive.
This policy was last updated 29 November 2021