After the end of the 2017/18 season Stuart Babington is stepping down as Bar Manager (and Club Secretary) of Ventnor RFC.
So the role of Ventnor RFC Bar Manager will be vacant and the club is looking for volunteers to step forward for nomination, before a forthcoming AGM.
The role of Bar Manager
The main role is to ensure the bar is open, fully stocked & staffed for all home games.
- Rota: I have numbers / contacts for al those who are willing to help with the bar. Once we have the fixtures I put the rota together & send out to all. if they cant do a shift they let me know. If they don’t its their responsibility to cover their shift. I contact them the week of the game to confirm time need them to start. The players will take over after the game (normally ½ hour after being in the bar, allowing for them to get food etc)
- Stock: I mostly look what is required on a Saturday but sometimes pop up int eh week to look & also to stock the fridges etc. All stock is bought via Yates Brewery
- Bar Pipes: These need doing (probably) once a month. It will take about 30 / 40 minutes. A simple operation & you can stock bar at same time
- Monies: I count all the money on a Sunday & arrange with Warren to give it to him to bank. When I need change I currently swap at work, but I think you can get change from the bank or get Warren to sort.
- On the day: I will have set the bar up for staff either Friday or Saturday. If not around I will arrange to give them the keys & float. All instructions re the till are in the blue folder along with the cash sheets & bar rules.
- At the end of the shift the money goes into the safe for you to collect.
- We need to staff the bar for Vectis matches (Sundays) and for Petanque (Wednesdays in the summer). This I normally get he players to do
- We may have events in the summer that we would need to staff too.
- For each week you will need to buy milk. Also we buy multi packs of crisps & chocolate to sell too.
- Attend Committee meetings (probably held every 6 weeks)
- Clean bar & area
If you are interested in this role at the club please complete and submit the following form: